Scholarships & Contests Offered to High School Students
Are you a senior who is concerned about how you will pay for college? Remember that there are many different scholarship opportunities that you may be eligible for. Here are some of the more popular scholarship opportunities you should be aware of:
The High School Guidance office should be the first stop for any high school student. See your counselor for more information.
- If you have a particular major in mind, music, for example, check your high school’s music department for upcoming scholarships.
- Internet searches can reveal a wealth of scholarship opportunities. The New York State Higher Education Services Corp. Web site (HESC.org) is a great place to start.
- www.Fastweb.com is another great scholarship resource.
- Employers may offer college scholarships as an employee benefit. Your parents or guardians should check with their human resources department to see if a scholarship is available for family members.
- Colleges or schools you are considering may have scholarships available. College websites are a wealth of information about paying for college, and include details about campus scholarships offered to incoming students. Look in the admissions or financial aid sections.
FREQUENTLY USED SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITES:
SCAD-The University for Creative Careers:
The SCSD Distinguished Scholars Award is a $20,000 Scholarship for students interested in the Arts. For more information see Mrs. Stutzmann in Guidance.
Please see the attached files below for additional scholarships.
More information regarding these scholarships can be found in the Guidance Office.
Please see your counselor with any questions!