The College Application Process
The College Application Process (Overview):
- Obtain and complete college applications (Common App, SUNY, CUNY, school-specific).
- Sign the FERPA Waiver on Common App and fill out all portions of the Common Application online.
- Request Teacher Recommendations through your Naviance account.
- Request your transcript and School Report Form through your Naviance account.
- Meet with your counselor to complete a College Processing Form for every school you are applying to.
- Remember to send test scores directly from the testing agency to the colleges.
Juniors, Seniors and their families should make use of the attached College Planning Guide designed for St. Dominic High School's Class of 2018/2019.
Be mindful of college and scholarship application due dates and please note the following:
- The guidance office requires 10 school daysto process all college/scholarship applications.
- College/scholarship applications that need to be sent out before Christmas vacation (that would be those colleges and scholarships that have January 1st or 15th deadlines) MUST be in the guidance office no later than December 1st.