Scholarships & Financial Aid
Are you a senior who is concerned about how you will pay for college? Remember that there are many different scholarship opportunities that you may be eligible for. Here are some of the more popular scholarship opportunities you should be aware of:
The High School Guidance office should be the first stop for any high school student. See your counselor for more information.
- If you have a particular major in mind, music, for example, check your high school’s music department for upcoming scholarships.
- Internet searches can reveal a wealth of scholarship opportunities. The New York State Higher Education Services Corp. Web site (HESC.org) is a great place to start.
- www.Fastweb.com is another great scholarship resource.
- Employers may offer college scholarships as an employee benefit. Your parents or guardians should check with their human resources department to see if a scholarship is available for family members.
- Colleges or schools you are considering may have scholarships available. College websites are a wealth of information about paying for college, and include details about campus scholarships offered to incoming students. Look in the admissions or financial aid sections.
FREQUENTLY USED SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITES:
Please see the attached files below for additional scholarships. More information regarding these scholarships can be found in the Guidance Office.
SENIORS: Make sure to check the Guidance Google Classroom page for the most updated information on available scholarships and notices of scholarship applications!
SUNY FINANCIAL AID DAYS
SUNY's Financial Aid Days are offered as a service to all prospective college students and their families. The programs are designed to answer questions and provide assistance regarding the financial aid application, the award process, and types of aid available, including the Excelsior Scholarship. Register today at suny.edu/studentevents.
Saturday, October 13, 2018- Farmingdale State College- 631-420-2578
Saturday, November 17, 2018- Suffolk Community College-Brentwood- 631-851-6712
SUNY- Old Westbury
PLEASE SEE YOUR GUIDANCE COUNSELOR WITH ANY QUESTIONS!!
Long Island Coalition for Life sponsors an annual oratory contest for HS Jr & Sr . Prizes of $500, $300 and $200 are awarded to winners. Please see your Theology teacher or Mrs. Stutzmann in the Guidance office for more information.
The Society of Torch and Laurel are granting Scholarships to any senior going to a 4 year College. Below are a list of the 5 Scholarship. If you have any interest or questions about any of the below scholarships please see Mrs. Stutzmann in the Guidance Office she has all the information on how to apply.
- Make School Award: Launch your own iOS app or website in just 6 weeks! We are offering two full tuition scholarships for a summer learning experience that features mentorship from engineers at Google, Facebook, and more.
- Trailblazer Award: Are you the first in your family to attend college? Don't forget to apply for the Trailblazer Award before March 29!. We will award 2 $10,000 scholarships to First Generation Scholars about to start their collegiate journey.
- Leadership Development Award: Are you developing your leadership skills to succeed in school and beyond? We will award 5 $500.00 scholarships to students who plan to participate in a leadership conference/program. The deadline is April 26th.
SUNY OSWEGO Possibility Scholarship - covers undergraduate tuition, room, board and mandatory fees for four years at SUNY Oswego, in coordination with other merit and need-based aid including summer research opportunitiy and internation study abroad experience. Students who qualify and stay enrolled in the program could leave SUNY Oswego with little or no debt!. This Scholarship is designed to support high-achieving and financially disadvantaged students from the New York State who are committed to studying in a STEM field. Details and requirements for the scholarship can be found at www.oswego.edu/possibility If you have any questions or assistance please do not hesitate to call Daniel Griffin at 315-312-2250 or email him directly at Daniel.email@example.com
Emmanuel College Catholic High School Graduate Award- This $5,000 annual Award ($20,000 total over 4 years) recognizes a students commitment to academics and service in high school, as well as the valuable contributions he or she will make as a member of the Emmanuel college Community. All Catholic High School students who are accepted to Emmanuel will receive this award no separate scholarship application is required.
BETHPAGE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION FOUNDATION
OF 10 SCHOLARSHIPS OF $1,000 EACH TO QUALIFYING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS PLANNING TO ATTEND AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY.
VISIT www.lovebethpage.com or call 516.349.4250 for details.
NASSAU COUNTY AMERICAN LEGION
$1,000 scholarship awarded to student with most outstanding academic credentials in Nassau County.
FLORAL PARK WOMEN'S CLUB
Candidates need to be seniors who reside in the Village of Floral Park and rank in the top 25% of the Class. In addition, service to school and community as well as financial need is considered.
HUNTINGTON LIONS CLUB SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Candidates must reside in the Huntington Union Free School District #3. The recipient will receive $5,000. The criteria is baded on financial need, community and school service, academic accomplishments and acceptance at an accredited academic institution.
DEADLINE: Postmarked no later than May 9th.
WOMEN IN SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIP: ST. JOHN'S UNIVERSITY
APPLICANTS NEED TO BE MAJORING IN THE SCIENCES AND DEMONSTRATE FINANCIAL NEED.
Visit guidance or visit www.stjohns.edu/admissions/undergraduate/scholarships for details.
THE TRI-STATE ITALIAN-AMERICAN CONGRESS
IS AWARDING DESERVING HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OF ITALIAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE SCHOLARSHIPS. THE SCHOLARSHIPS RANGE FROM $3,000 - $5,000. www.TRISIAC.ORG.
HARTWICK COLLEGE- The Founders' Award
This award is a guaranteed tuition grant of $40,000. or 10,000 per year over four years and transfer students of New York State. Students may also qualify for up to $25,000 more per year in additional college and scholarships.