Scholarships & Financial Aid
Are you a senior who is concerned about how you will pay for college? Remember that there are many different scholarship opportunities that you may be eligible for. Here are some of the more popular scholarship opportunities you should be aware of:
The High School Guidance office should be the first stop for any high school student. See your counselor for more information.
- If you have a particular major in mind, music, for example, check your high school’s music department for upcoming scholarships.
- Internet searches can reveal a wealth of scholarship opportunities. The New York State Higher Education Services Corp. Web site (HESC.org) is a great place to start.
- www.Fastweb.com is another great scholarship resource.
- Employers may offer college scholarships as an employee benefit. Your parents or guardians should check with their human resources department to see if a scholarship is available for family members.
- Colleges or schools you are considering may have scholarships available. College websites are a wealth of information about paying for college, and include details about campus scholarships offered to incoming students. Look in the admissions or financial aid sections.
FREQUENTLY USED SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITES:
Please see the attached files below for additional scholarships. More information regarding these scholarships can be found in the Guidance Office.
SENIORS: Make sure to check the Guidance Google Classroom page for the most updated information on available scholarships and notices of scholarship applications!
SUNY FINANCIAL AID DAYS
SUNY's Financial Aid Days are offered as a service to all prospective college students and their families. The programs are designed to answer questions and provide assistance regarding the financial aid application, the award process, and types of aid available, including the Excelsior Scholarship. Register today at suny.edu/studentevents.
Saturday, October 13, 2018- Farmingdale State College- 631-420-2578
Saturday, November 17, 2018- Suffolk Community College-Brentwood- 631-851-6712
SUNY- Old Westbury
PLEASE SEE YOUR GUIDANCE COUNSELOR WITH ANY QUESTIONS!!
The Nassau County American Legion Scholarship: provides college scholarship money to children of post-9/11 veterans who died on active duty, or have a combined VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater. Visit the following website to apply: https://www.legion.org/legacy-scholarship-application