National English Honor Society
- English Honor society applications will be available from the National English Honor Society moderator on September 21, 2020.
- Fully completed applications can be submitted by email to Ms. Peduto at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 2, 2020.
- Members MUST attend monthly meetings remotely. NEHS meetings are the first Thursday of the month: October 1, November 5, December 3, January 7, February 4, March 4, April 15, and May 6. If you are unable to attend, you should notify me as soon as possible.
- Members must have documentation of participation of twelve hours (6 hours by January 7, 2021; and 6 hours by May 6, 2021; 4 hours by Mar 27, 2020) of any of the following activities, which does not include class time:
- Peer remote tutoring
- Video lessons
- Bookworms (if we have one this year)
- NEHS activities
- Writing Center at SDES (if we have one this year)
If these requirements are not met, students will be put on probation during which they will have one month to rectify their deficiencies. In the case that these requirements are not met during the probation period, students will be dismissed from the honor society. In addition, students must continue to illustrate good character in the academic, athletic, and school community. Any student who fails to meet this requirement will be placed on probation or dismissed.