The following guidelines are the criteria for receiving an application for the National Honor Society:
- Junior/Senior who have a GPA of 92% or higher.
- Candidates must demonstrate good character, leadership and scholarship.
- Candidates must be active participants in at least two after school activities e.g. peer tutoring, student council (one may be athletic).
- Candidates must be involved in community service.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to write an effective personal statement. The selection of each member to the chapter shall be by a majority vote of the Faculty Council.
Once inducted, all members must continue to meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a GPA of 92% or higher.
- Demonstrate good character (disciplinary detentions are subject to moderator and administration review).
- Complete two hours of service each month. This must be signed off by a St. Dominic High School faculty member for tutoring after school and/or the moderator overseeing the service activity. At least one hour of service each month must be at St. Dominic High School. Service opportunities are posted in the NHS google classroom on a regular basis.
- Attend the monthly meetings.
If these requirements are not met, students will be put on probation during which they will have a specific amount of time to rectify their deficiencies. In the case that these requirements are not met during the probation period, students will be dismissed from the honor society. After a second deficiency, the student is automatically dismissed from the honor society.