Welcome to the Guidance Department
Welcome to the Guidance Department!
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the St. Dominic High School Guidance Department website! Our department is committed to working with our students to assist them in reaching their individual, academic and personal goals. Our counseling program encompasses social development, college placement and academic planning - including providing students with information intended to assist in choosing the best possible course choices. Our counselors work collaboratively with students’ families, faculty members, building administration and, of course, each student, in order to maximize the opportunities available to them. The Guidance Department at St. Dominic High School prides itself on assisting students in gaining acceptance to competitive colleges that can best match their individual needs and interests.
The St. Dominic school counseling program includes:
- Academic planning and monitoring
- College exploration and planning
- College admissions visits, annual college fair and on-site admissions
- Evening parent information sessions on various topics including Financial Aid and the College Application Process
- Information on important topics including NCAA eligibility, PSAT, ACT and SAT testing and scholarship availability
- Access to the Naviance Family Connection program where students and families can obtain information related to college acceptance rates, scholarship information and post high school planning
Students and parents are encouraged to visit the guidance office regularly to obtain updated information and meet with our counselors with any questions they may have. This website includes links to important information, including our guidance newsletter (Dom’s Digest), counselor contact information, our school profile and a calendar of events. Please visit this site regularly to obtain current information.
We welcome your ideas and feedback and can be reached at 516-922-4888, ext. 5241.