Director of Admissions Welcome Letter
Dear Parents and Students:
On behalf of the administration, faculty, student body, and staff, it is my privilege to welcome you to Saint Dominic High School!
You are about to enter a school where you will have ample opportunities to grow academically, spiritually, and personally. Please allow me this opportunity to share some of the unique features that make us who we are:
- An educational philosophy steeped in tradition and founded in student growth (in faith development, in community spirit, and in a mission for students to be life long learners).
- An educational institution which is Cognia accredited (the largest education improvement organization in the world).
- An academic program that leads our students to 4 year post-secondary institutions directly after their senior year (99.5% of our senior class).
- Class of 2021 received over 12 Million Dollars in merit scholarships.
- A caring, dedicated faculty.
- A student to faculty ratio of 13:1.
- Over 20 athletic teams for men and women.
- Facilities that foster athletic achievement (a 32 acre athletic field 7 minutes from the main campus and a 1200 seat gymnasium).
- Bus transportation from the Syosset and Hicksville train stations to our campus.
- Financial aid available.
- A fine arts theater that seats 450.
- Over 25 student clubs and 10 honor societies.
- A diverse curriculum which includes Regents, Honors, and AP Level classes.
- A STEM program where students can choose to pursue a technology track (Computer/Engineering/Robotics) or scientific track (Genomic Molecular Research at Cold Spring Harbor Labs).
- An active campus ministry where theology and community service are embedded in our daily lives.
Saint Dominic High School is a place where students thrive and grow in an environment which is caring and welcoming. We focus on the individual needs of our students. These are some of the reasons we have been referred to by some as “The Best Kept Secret on Long Island.”
We invite you to come visit our campus and to see what we have to offer. To schedule a tour or shadow day, please feel free to contact my office. You can reach Ms. Parrinello at 516-922-4888, Ext 5315 (email [email protected]) or myself, Hank Hardy, at 516-922-4888, Ext. 5330 (email [email protected]).
We look forward to you being a part of the Saint Dominic family!
Dean of Admissions